Monday, March 3, 2008

Week 2: Family & friends visit











My mom and Dad were here this week visiting and helping out. Mom cooked my all time favorite meals - pork chops and scalloped potatoes, beef stew and cream chicken. My Dad helped put together the stroller, which was very complicated with the minimal directions we were given. I am so thankful for their help! Sophia enjoyed spending time with her Grandma and Grandpa. We joked that Sophia looks like a mini version of her Grandpa (at least she did this week).

Sophia "slept like a baby" this week. I was freaking out because I had no idea what to expect being a new mom. I was worried she was sleeping too much one day and then not enough the next day. Fortunately, nursing is started to go really well now and we are not giving her any supplemental formula any more. Thanks to a lactation consultant, I started to realize that this is all normal and it takes time for both of us to learn how to nurse.


Nick's former coworker and friend Lisa came to visit this week. I started to think Sophia was colicky because she was crying in the evening. Lisa was reassuring to me and said her crying was just normal baby cries.





My friend Kerrie came to visit this week as well. I was so happy to see her. She is a new mom as well - her son Ryan was born in July so she has seven months of experience behind her. It was so helpful for me to hear that other people experienced what I was going through with worrying about the baby and learning all that is involved in taking care of her. I am so grateful for her levelheadedness and making me feel normal again. Also for her delicious blueberry muffins!

Some pictures of me begin to surface this week as I start to feel like a normal person again. I had been so exhausted with the delivery last week but now I am starting to catch up on sleep and my hormones are regulating (finally!). Maybe I am not a psycho after all, but a mom!?!




Our friends John and Johanna are going to be Sophia's Godparents. They came up to visit with our Godson Paul - here he is with his Godsister! Thanks for bringing us lunch and good company.